Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's Okay to Change Your Mind

My husband and I just polished off a bottle of green olives.  They were not gourmet green olives. (which I love)  Just the grocery store variety.  We enjoyed them a lot.  I ate more than my share.

Once when I was young, my father purchased a gallon jar of green olives on our way home from California. He set them in the back seat near us kids.  I had never tasted them before.  He told us to help ourselves. 

They were disgusting.  My siblings agreed.  We quickly replaced the lid.  We wanted nothing more to do with the nasty things.

Soon, we decided to have another taste.  Slightly less nasty.  We quickly replaced the lid.  We were done.

Before long, we had another taste, and another, and another.  We finished off the jar before we reached the Idaho border.

A lot of things take getting used to.
 
It's okay to change your mind.  It's okay to try new things. 

Try something new today.

Linda Garner

No comments: