Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ladies Night

When I arrived there was already a long line of ladies winding through the mall. I wasn’t late; It was ten minutes to six. This was my first time at Ladies Night. I had been invited to a book signing at Layton Hills Mall. I had heard Ladies Night was a big deal, but this wasn’t just big. It was huge.

There were four of us authors at tables in the center of Deseret Book. Helium balloons made us easy to spot. I couldn’t believe my good fortune. I was at a book signing with Josi Kilpack, Lisa Mangum, and Jennie Hansen. I was hangin’ with some high class ladies. I hoped some of it would rub off on me.

The place was packed with ladies of all ages--mothers, daughters, sisters; looking for bargains, and the 3 f’s; food, friends, and fun. The food was in the form of brownies and cheesecake. Mmmm. Some brought their friends, some met them there. The fun was…well the whole evening was funtastik. There was live music from Cherie Call, and all kinds of live chatter from the crowd. There were a ton of drawings for everything from shampoo to framed prints.

Those ladies were having a great time and they were also in the mood to buy. Deseret Book primed the pump by offering 20% off and you could just here that cash register ring. I had a great time talking to people about Some Secrets Hurt and signing their books. What could be better?

Linda Garner

4 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Awwhhh, that sounds like so much fun! Congrats Linda! So, so cool! =)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome evening, Linda! I went to the Ladies Night at my local DB and we had a good time too (although, not as rockin' as yours!) My kids got all hopped up on brownies and I got Josi's book, English Trifle. Win-Win!

Jennie said...

It really was a blast and I loved getting to know you.

Josi said...

Hey, the picture turned out good! Would you mind sending me a copy? Also, I got your post on my blog, thanks for stopping by, I just accepted one :-) my e-mail is kilpack@gmail.com We had a fun group that night, didn't we?