Take a walk with a two-year-old. They will stop to look at every bug along the way, pick a few dandelions for a bouquet, and add clutch some small pebbles in their tiny hand.
They love to play in the water.
Or catch a butterfly.
They notice the beauty of the world. They aren't caught up yet in being first in line, making sure they aren't late, or worrying about the video game on the phone.
Help your children keep this freshness as they learn about their world.
1. Explore the world with your children.
2. Take time to notice the beauty around you.
3. Watch for opportunities to teach them about nature in your back yard.
4. Ask questions to find out their interests.
5. Provide information on the things they want to know about.
When I get going too fast and become anxious and overwhelmed, all I have to do is take a little time in the world around me. I love to sit on the deck and soak up the sunshine, walk in the hills above our house, and even rake the leaves in our back yard. I am refreshed and ready to go again.
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. Confucius
Read about this and other enrichment ideas for children in Family Talk by Christy Monson
Available on Amazon.