Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's a Mixed Bag

I’m working on something new.  It’s called How Did You Get in my Mirror, Mom, and is mostly a collection of my blogs and articles. It’s really not about my mom, but I loved the title. Some of it does talk about things I learned from my mom, but not all.  It’s a mix of humor and quirky wisdom, things I’ve learned, and things I’m still trying to learn.  I’m having a lot of fun with it.

I look like my Mom, and mostly I like it.  I never thought I would act like my mom, but I often do.  Makes perfect sense, since she was my personal role model.  She was also my biggest fan.  I appreciate her for that.  My mom wasn’t perfect, but she was very good.  I learned a lot of good things from her.  I also learned a few things that I wish I hadn’t.  It’s a mixed bag.

I’d like to hear from you.  Are you like your mom, or totally different?  If you are, do you like it?  Why or why not?  If you’re totally different, do you like it?  Why or why not. 

In what ways would you like to be more like your mom?  In what ways would you like to be less like your mom?

I know you’re busy, but if you can, take a moment to respond.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on this, even if it's a mixed bag.

Linda Garner

 

1 comment:

Christy Monson said...

Sounds like a great idea!