Thursday, June 4, 2009

So Let it be Written - So Let it be Done

Don’t you love those words? Thank you, Hollywood’s version of the Ten Commandments, extremely awesome. Which brings me to my thoughts this day.

Summer is coming. Don’t be frightened, it will be just fine.

This means days full of child entertainment, white scary legs that have frightened even my mail guy away, and school…for me.

Yes, last week I got my English grade (an A in my creative writing class) and relaxed for a good day before realizing the doom that was ready to implode. I have to take three classes this summer in eight weeks (because of the short summer terms, they scrunch sixteen weeks of work into eight, which is kind of awesome to get all that work done).

I am ready to take it on…maybe.

So for eight weeks, my mind will be turn into a calculator, English philosophizer and analyzing child doldrums.

Yes my friends, I will be a walking fountain of information, that is unless you ask me about the early formation of ingenious rocks or why (2 x Y) – (S x A) = i which I know nothing about. (Actually, I do know a little bit about the rock thing because of that cool rock class I took many, many, many years ago. Plus my son has this great rock collection with a little book of rock names and how they are formed. Yes my friends, I may be as smart as a fifth grader. Fingers crossed. I’ll let you know when my fifth grader quizzes me.)

But this also means my writing time may be filled. I may have to wait to release my mischievous scoundrels on each other until I finish up with the infamous task of intelligible knowledge of learning (I know, that made no sense whatsoever – it’s late).

I have debated not finishing my degree, because I thought I only had six more classes left. I was wrong….so, so wrong. I have eleven (plus I am on a deadline to get it done or they boot me from the program). But I have come so far, I will not give up.

Even if my feet stink from walking from class to class and my head bounces up and down from lack of sleep as I listen to the mundane lectures of mold vs. fungi (aren’t they the same?).

I shall prevail! My laundry might not, but I will. Do you have any awesome plans this summer?

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Whoo, boy! I am so impressed that you are even thinking about it, let alone do it! You rock! (word verifier says: downers. I think you're going to be needing uppers, though . . .just saying . . .)

Carolyn V. said...

Heidi, I like uppers. Especially when they taste like Chocolate bars. hee hee =)

I figure the faster I can get through school, the sooner I can pay more attention to my writing. That's the goal.

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Carolyn! Finish it up and then you'll be done and you'll be happy! And if you're not...I'll slap you. I'll slap you like a bad, bad donkey okay?

I'm totally kiddding. I know school (and finishing school when you feel so burnt out) is hard to do. I know you'll make it and we'll throw a giant graduation party. I'll even bring fudge!

Rachel said...

You'll do awesome!! Good for you!

Carolyn V. said...

L.T. At least you're bringing fudge. hee hee hee. =)

Thanks Rachel! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you! It took me 4 years to finish my Associates Degree and it was only in General Studies!!! (people are always impressed until I tell them that it was general studies...)

Now, I'm knee deep into my Bachelors degree and all I can do is watch the water rise and hope that I can find a class on how to swim!!

Seriously though, GOOD LUCK! Don't quit whatever you do! It will be worth it!

Houdini

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Houdini!

We are in the same boat! Don't worry, I've got a bucket and it's not even full of holes! We are so lucky! =) Hee hee.

It's nice to hear from ya. How long has it been...oh, um...nevermind. That's a long time. =)

Good luck to you too!