Thursday, December 20, 2012

To the Heroes

*I've been gone for a while from this blog, but I'm so happy to be back. I've missed you all.*

Last week was a rough weekend.

The news from Connecticut was very overwhelming. I couldn't watch the news without breaking down. There is real evil out there.

But there are also real heroes.

As I turned on my computer on Sunday, the news was filled with stories of heroic acts:

A janitor who had the courage to run through the hallways to warn others, a teacher who gave her life after hiding her children in cupboards, a young boy whose life was saved when a hand reached out and pulled him into a classroom, a parent who not only mourned for the life of his child but also the family of the shooter.

There are many more -  more than I think we all hear about.

The heroes.

My heart goes out to all of them: the families, the victims and the heroes.

Thank God for the Heroes.

No comments: