Monday, March 25, 2013

Writing--A Process and a Journey of Hope



I am ready to query agents with a picture book I wrote several years ago. I’m writing a series on helps for children with anxiety and depression.
It’s discouraging to try to get a picture book published in the market now. Things are tight, and picture books cost a lot to publish.
I decided, though, I want to publish a picture book. It’s a dream I’ve had for many years.
I’ve written a lot in the past five years, and I can tell I’m getting at least a little better. Even though it’s hard, I still want to keep trying.
I don’t know if I’m good enough or if the market is good for this kind of book, but I have to keep trying. I just can’t let go of my goal.
This process has helped me put things in perspective. My skill level is getting better, and I can communicate my thoughts and feelings through the written word with more ability than I could before.
I’ve let the book sit for a while, but I just can’t do it any longer. I have to reach for my goal. I hope it’s attainable, but I don’t know. I just have to have faith. Hopefully there’s a place in the world for this work.
 “God gives us skill. But He could not make Antonio Stradivaris violins with Antonio.” George Elliott
Christy Monson

2 comments:

Linda Garner said...

Good luck with your picture book, Christy. It's a difficult journey. Love, LG

Animabelle said...

Hi, thanks for posting this.