Monday, May 6, 2013

I Love to Write and Hate it too.

I found this quote on twitter the other day and had to retweet it because it's just how I feel.

Bill Cronin said, "I love to write and hate it too. When I am writing, I absolutely love it. It's when I can't that I hate it."

First thing in the morning I adore sitting down to write. My whole day goes better if I get a few hours to myself to write the thoughts of my heart--or even edit yesterday's work.

It's when I have so much of daily life pressing in on my that there isn't time to write that I hate it. I've just come back from seeing my kids. I had a wonderful trip and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. But I can feel that irritation building inside me. The only way to eradicate it is to write.

So this morning after I get breakfast and laundry started, I will sit down at my computer and write. Never mind that my roses need trimming and the garden hasn't been dug yet and I need to go shopping to get groceries. All that can wait until I write a while.

Writing is my solace, my best companion, and my love. It's a place I can share my thoughts and feelings. Sometimes people listen and sometimes they don't. But I've shared and that's all that matters.

Happy writing today. Have a great, happy, wonderful, peaceful day! Start it with writing.

Christy Monson

No comments: