Monday, August 1, 2011

Marketing?

I’ve spent the week setting up my web site. Well, not really setting it up, but just getting started. I’m beginning to take pictures for it, and I have lots of ideas for fun things for kids.
I went to a workshop today with Nate Moeller. It was good, but he’s all about marketing. Of course, that’s what the workshop was about.
I’m not all about marketing. I think will be fun to have people browse my site and look for fun things to do. Yes, I want them to buy my book, but that’s not what it’s all about. Connecting with kids and their parents is more fun for me. And I love the things I’m passionate about and want to share my beliefs with children also.
But sales are important. I’m not knocking sales, and I need to be more focused on that, I guess. So my goal this next little while is to be more focused on marketing, even though I love writing and being with kids most of all.
I’m telling you this so I will hold myself accountable—like if you tell someone else your goal, you’re much more likely to do it than if you just keep it to yourself.
Have a great week! Christy

No comments: