Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day I love this time of year. I love remembering my ancestors. I am grateful for my connection to them because it tells me who I am and who I can become. My mother has a pear tree that has wonderful pears on it. Each year the grandchildren love to come to her house to eat the pears from the tree. Now they are grown and the children live far away. I help her dry the pears and mail them to each grandchild so they can eat them during the winter. Fresh pears are available in the stores. But grandmother’s pears mean more than just nourishment for the body. Grandmother’s pears are nourishment for the soul. My grandchildren love to come to our house and eat blackberries and cherry tomatoes. I make sure to have both when they come. I always save a few blackberries for the freezer so they can remember the summer fun when they are here in the fall and winter. What are your memories?

No comments: