Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's a Great Time to Bloom

I love this time of year. The weather is changeable, but on a day like today, I feel powerful. The sun is shining, there's not a cloud in the sky, and pretty things are popping open all over the place. If flowers can bloom, why can't I?

It's a perfect day for a bike ride, and then I will come home and pack for three days at LDS Storymakers Conference. What could be better, spring and a great writer's retreat.

There will be a tempting assortment of wonderful classes, starting with a rare treat. A small group of picture book writers will get to spend a few hours with the Incredible Rick Walton.  The four of us have already spend a few weeks critiqueing with him, and now comes dessert. I can't wait to meet him.

On Friday I will be timekeeper for Molly O'Neil, an editor for Katherine Tegan Books, an imprint of Harper Collins. She will be doing pitch sessions at the conference, and Lucky Me, I have one of the pitch spots. Finger crossed. I have spent a lot of time trying to decide which manuscript to take. I'm taking more than one, just in case.
 
I'll also get to meet old friends, make new friends, and sample the workshops. It's a smorgasboard. I know I'll come home with new ideas. No wonder I'm feeling powerful. It's a great time to bloom.

Linda Garner

No comments: