Monday, April 30, 2012

Sharing Happiness

Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste. Charlotte Brontë I love this quote. I've been thinking a lot about journaling lately because my prophet books help kids learn to journal. I have all the journals of my great grandfather--and there are about 10 or 12 of them. They were written in the late 1800, and I love having them in my posession because they give me a connection to him. However, most all the entires are: "Went to collect for the Deseret News today." "Plowed the west lot today." "Delivered new seed catalogues." This information gives us some insight into his daily life, but I don't really know his soul. I don't write daily in my journal, but when I do I try to share my soul because I know those who follow me will come to understand who I am. Wilford Woodruff said that a journal is more precious than gold. I love this quote because I think it's true. My great grandfather's journals are more precious than gold to me, and I love them just as they are, but sometimes I wish for more. May we come to know how to share who we are with others through our writing. I try to do that weekly. Sometimes I'm not that faithful, but I try. Happy journaling! Christy

No comments: