Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Drop Everything and Read
Have you heard of D.E.A.R day. It's tomorrow. April 12. Drop Everything and Read. What a great idea. How will you celebrate?
Most of us can't have the luxury of a whole day of reading, but how about weaving some reading activities into your day. Here are a few ideas.
1. Read in the tub. Don't forget the bubble bath.
2. Carry a book in your purse or car for those odd moments you always spend waiting.
3. Choose a book to read as a family. Start it tonight over dinner. Pass the book around the table and let everyone read a page.
4. Let everyone choose something interesting from the newspaper and share it at breakfast.
5. Encourage everyone to choose a favorite quote and share it at bedtime. It can be from a current read, or just something they like. This could be a weekly activity.
We're all busy, but reading rocks. Make time for it, especially tomorrow. Let your children see you read. Turn off the TV. Turn off the video games. Read with your family. Start a new tradition. You won't be sorry.
For more ideas click here.
Let's celebrate D.E.A.R day. Drop everything and read.