Thursday, April 5, 2012

Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers


So late posting this week. Having a hard time getting my **** in gear. Do you have days like that? I hate it when that happens.

On the bright side though, I am counting my pennies to see if I have enough moolah to go the WIFYR conference in June. I'm drooling at the possiblity. This is such a fabulous opportunity for picture book authors and illustrators, and it is practically in my backyard. I have been twice and I loved it.

Of course, it's not just for picture book authors, but they do have a fabulous picture book class taught by a fabulous picture book author. Not many conferences cater to us picture book people. WIFYR stands for Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers, so that covers a lot of territory. There are lots of good classes to choose from.

This year, there is also a fabulous writing contest. The prize is $1,000. Wouldn't that make your day. If you want to find out more, check here, or here.

When is the conference? Where? June 18 - 22. Sandy, UT.

Count your pennies. Maybe you can go too.

Linda Garner

1 comment:

Carolyn V said...

That's my favorite conference! I'm so sad I'm missing it this year. But maybe next year I'll make it again. You'll have to let me know if you are going. Love it!