Monday, July 30, 2012

I just got home from Philadelphia yesterday. My husband and I have had a wonderful month visiting our children throughout the country: a sweet little family of girls in Irvine, CA, for a baptism; a loving rough and tumble boys in Phoenix, AZ just for fun; an awesome teens in Pasadena, CA for an ordination; and up and coming young adults in Philadelpha, PA for a missionary homecoming. What a joy it's been.

But in the middle of all this, my husband's sister passed away. We interrupted our plans to be with the family. Her children gave a sweet, touching memorial to memory her at the funeral. A spiritual feast was had by all.

Having done this, we had to get from the funeral in Bountiful, Utah on Saturday, to Philadelphia on Sunday for the homecoming. So, we hopped the red-eye and arrived in time. As we winged our way across the country, I kept thinking of the pioneers. (They would have questioned our activity big-time!)

What a blessing for us to live in this time with the modern conveniences we enjoy! Sometimes I think I am not grateful enough for what I have. I look at the sacrifice of those who have gone before me, and I am humbled and grateful.

No comments: