Monday, January 7, 2013

Goal Setting



Each January I like to set goals for the weeks, months and year. Writing goals are tricky for me because my aspiration is to get a new book contract by the end of the year. But there are many aspects that are not under my control, so I have to establish my objectives differently.
For instance, I can set goals to attend writing workshops of my choice, read and study books on writing, attend critique groups and pen so many pages a week. 
What about you? What are your writing goals? I’d love your ideas and feedback.
I find sharing my ambitions with those around me helps keep me on task. It makes my commitment greater. I also like feedback from others. It helps me stay focused.
Here are some quotes I like to read often.
 “Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.” Aristotle
We are shaped by our thoughts. We become what we think. Buddha
(I think a lot about writing.)
Goals that are not written down are just wishes. Unknown
 People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going. Earl Nightengale

How have you set goals in the past? What do you like about the way you set them?  What would you like to change? 
Christy         

No comments: