Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Allergic

I'm allergic to stuff.  Grass, weeds, hay, trees, that kind of stuff.  The cottonwoods are particularly bad, and our neighborhood is buried in cotton right now.  It's everywhere. 

I sound like I have bronchitis, and I feel like I'm mostly dead.  Not all dead, just mostly dead.

I love spring, but I'm allergic to it.  I'm not getting much done. I'm not very functional. In a couple of weeks this stuff will be gone and I plan to feel better.  Meanwhile, I've been thinking about other things I'm allergic to.  Here's a partial list:

mopping floors
folding clothes
pulling weeds
vacuuming
cleaning up messes

that's bad enough, but unfortunately, I'm also allergic to people:

mean people
negative people
unreliable people
and especially...
people that don't say what they mean and don't mean what they say.

What are you allergic to?

Linda Garner

No comments: