Saturday, March 8, 2014

When Plans Change

ninjas photo: ninjas ninjas.jpgLet's face it. Plans change.
It's sadly...sadly true.
For instance; I have been running for some time now, and I had made a goal to run 3.5 miles at least four times a week. I achieved my goal in February!

Woohoo! *running power*

By the end of February, I was at 4.8 miles four to five times a week. (I know! Awesome!)  And I was feeling pretty good about it.

And then it happened... walking on flat pavement... on a clear dark night... (Oh the gravity of the situation.)

I rolled my ankle.

It didn't even happen in a cool way, like:

"I was attacked by super ninja warriors and as I leaped to kick the last standing ninja (in the face), I twisted my ankle."

or "I was almost to Mordor, about to throw the ring in the volcano, when Gollum attacked me from behind - grabbing my ankle and twisting it until it cracked."

Nope, just a dumb-old "I was walking in the garage and my ankle gave out under me." *sigh*

Now I'm off my ankle for four to six weeks until it heals (yes, I already tried to push myself and re-injured said ankle).
 
Plans also change when it comes to writing.

When I started writing, I thought I would be published in two years. *ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha* (Sorry, I can't stop laughing.)

My plans changed.

I thought at my first pitch session, I'd have an agent. (Oh, now I'm crying from laughter.)

My plans changed.

But one thing remains the same:
KEEP GOING!!!

So I am still going to find agents, still working on craft, and still handing my babies over to my crit group. Even though things change, they can still be achieved.

Okay, now I'm off to dust off my weights and find some good routines that will keep me off my ankle. ;)

How have your plans changed? How did you keep going?



1 comment:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Story of my life! I hurt my shoulder last spring and then my knee this January. It's taking its toll on the scales. Ugh

Heal quickly!