Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just Writing

As I continue through the process of becoming a published author, I find myself having second thoughts at times. I fantasized that I could spend my days writing and creating all that I wanted, and everything else would be taken care of. Wrong!
A lot of time and energy is spent in other areas. For instance, I have worked hard to find an artist to do the drawings for my book. I met with her this week and am so happy to have such a talented person to work with. I’ve also had to follow the process of getting permission to use photographs in my book. Copyright laws are such that there is permission to ask, photos to be digitized and copies to be made. That process takes many weeks.
I have someone helping me set up a web site. Now for a person, like me, of little or no aptitude for internet networking, it has been a challenge. How much or how little should I put on the web site? What will interest parents and children? Crafts? Games? Pioneer cooking projects? Things that interest me may not interest them. In other words, I’m kind of in a quandary as to how to set things up. And the bottom line is: I don’t really know what I’m doing.
I guess I’m really just blowing off steam. I will learn what to do, and I will become more experienced in the process. I’m baby-stepping along. (Baby-stepping always keeps me humble.) And that’s good for me.
Any comments or suggestions you have about author web sites you like or things you look for in an interesting site would be appreciated. Thanks for your support and help.
Christy Monson


2 comments:

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss christy! wow you got a lot you wanna get done. youre doing just the best thing and thats asking for help on stuff.for that web page for me i could like it catchy and colorful sorta like doing a hook at the start of a story.
...hugs from lenny

Christy Monson said...

Lenny you are so great and such a good internet friend. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to work on that very thing today.