Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You're It!

Seven Things You Don’t Know About Me

I told Scarlett that I would only play tag with her if I could think of 7 hysterical things to share. I would really love to tickle your phunny bone, but alas, this is the best I could come up with.

1. I am technologically challenged. I don’t know how to text message, or how to run my satellite TV. I am also directionally challenged. I can get lost almost anywhere, even inside of buildings. I often have trouble finding my car in parking lots. Oh, and by the way, I am a recovering junk-aholic.

2. When I was a little girl I was afraid of cows and sometimes had scary dreams about cows. In my dreams cows could fly and they were very dangerous.

3. I am not afraid of spiders, snakes, or cockroaches, but I am terrified of mice. Mice in cartoons and storybooks are always cute and cuddly, but in real life they are disgusting. I don’t even like plastic mice. They give me the creeps.

4. I went practically my whole life without getting a traffic ticket of any kind. I was almost 50 when I got my first and only speeding ticket.

5. I have 24 year old twin sons and 24 year old twin grandsons. Yes, you read that right. My daughter has twin sons that are 24 and I have twin sons that are 24. If that has you scratching your head, I will end your torture. My daughter and son in law adopted these boys when they were 19. The boys came into their home as foster children at the age of 16. Things worked out well and they were adopted at 19. My daughter is 33. She is just 9 years older than the boys. My son-in-law, however is 42.

6. I had a caesarean section and a vaginal delivery on the same day.

7. Most of my pregnancies lasted 10 months. Why? We’re not sure, but we think that quality babies take longer.

Have a great day, and now it's your turn to share with us. Tag! You're It.

Linda Garner

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Linda, I am impressed that you didn't get a ticket until your 50s!

I was a little amuzed by the whole scary cow thing (especially since I use to beg my parents for a cow every summer until I was a teenager).

And your whole 10 month pregnancy...terrified me! That is a very frightening thing my friend!

Love ya!

Carolyn V. said...

Not only am I amuzed, I am also amused. =) Where's that spell checker when I need it?

Anonymous said...

Loved your list. Somehow, I inherently knew you were afraid of mice. How weird is that?
I'm not a big fan of cows, myself. Love you,

LT