Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Awesome Power of Storymakers or The Sleep I didn't get at the Conference

So, my awesome critique group and I are preparing to attend the Storymakers conference tomorrow. We’ve planned the time we will leave (meaning we have to be up at 5:15 a.m.), what classes we would like to attend, and we’ve gone over the presenters bios (so we can say, “Hey fill in name here how you doin’?” Which either will freak them out a little or will pleasantly surprise them. I'm hoping the second).

Click here to see my highly recommended list of things to bring with you when you go to a conference. Don’t forget the allergy medicine. The pollen count is a mess.

The best part about going with the group is that we are spending the night. It will be like a great big sleepover. I’m afraid I won’t be getting any sleep. L.T. makes me laugh with all her funny songs and we just have to break Linda in. I weep for her.

So if you see us there, please come over and say hi! (Oh, and if you know any good songs, let us know! We could always use a new song to sing in the bathroom. Poor Linda.)

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope you guys sing funny songs for me when you come!

Carolyn V. said...

You just wait Heidi, I'm composing right now! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh conference, you came and you saved me from sleeping
and I need you today, oh conference!

See? I'm practicing!!! (Don't worry Heids, I'll have a special one made up just for you!)

Ashley Harward said...

Can't wait to see you there!

Carolyn V. said...

Wow L.T. That was AWESOME!!! Barry eat your heart out!

Can't wait Ashley! Maybe we'll sit at the same table. =)

Rachel said...

It does sound a bit like girl's camp for women...without the s'mores....but then it wouldn't be camping...but atleast you'll have the silly songs? :) Good luck! :)