Thursday, April 2, 2009

What? What Do You Mean it’s Wednesday?


So, I’ve been behind a little on my week. I was surprised yesterday to find out it was Wednesday and not Tuesday. So that makes today Thursday and not Wednesday! What kind of April’s Fools prank is this?


Actually there is a wonderful lady in my neighborhood who is sick…so sick…we don’t know how much time she has left. She has some work to be done and has asked a few of us if we could help and get it done before….she passes. So this week, my hubby and I have been helping her out. She has been a very dear friend to me and reminds me so much of my mom. I love her. I am very sad to see her go.


So I am asking a couple of my kids for help.


As you look above you will see my daughter’s math homework. Now if you look close enough, you will see that the man in the middle is surprised. Why is he surprised you ask? Well when I asked my daughter she said, "Mom...He’s surrounded by vampires. Duh." Poor guy. I laughed so hard when I found this in her backpack. I wonder what her new teacher thought?


My son did a piece for English called I Can’t Write a Poem.


I can’t write a poem.
Forget it,You must be kidding.
I’m still half asleep.
My eyes keep closing.
My brain isn’t working.
I don’t have a pencil.
I don’t have any paper.
My desk is wobbly.
I don’t know what to write about.
And besides; I don’t know how to write a poem.
I’ve got a headache, I need to see the nurse.
Time’s up? Really? No kidding?
Thanks a lot.
Would you like to see another one?


What Awesome Kids! And I thank them for their help. Love you guys!Happy Thursday everyone! See you next week, same bat time, same bat channel.

7 comments:

Linda Garner said...

You're behind on your week? I'm behind on my year. How did April happen? Wasn't it February last week. Oh Well. LG

Heidi said...

What clever kids! Hey, will I get to meet you when I'm in Utah?

Carolyn V. said...

Linda, I must agree, time happens too fast. I need a stop watch.

Heidi, thanks :) they are clever, sometimes...too clever.

L.T. is bringing me along to meet ya! I can't wait, I hope you have a great trip here!

L.T. Sorry I lost your post when I fixed that picture. Thanks for the heads up! You rock! ;)

Anonymous said...

I frickin LOVE the math homework. I've been dying to see it ever since you told me about it. And that poem? Your kids are the funniest, smartest kids. Seriously.

As for the heads up, well, I told you I'm the queen of Jerkwadia. You can always rely on me to give you crap! Jerk Wad, away!!!

Carolyn V. said...

I love crap...and jerkwads! You're stuck woman! Stuck!

Josi said...

yeah, I totally hate it when I'm surrounded by vampires! :-)

Carolyn V. said...

Hee, hee, hee. Those silly vampires!