Tuesday, May 24, 2011

That looks like Dog Poop

Whew! Time for a Break.

Are you like me? When I get my head in my writing, nothing gets in my way. I can ignore the dirty dishes, the piles of laundry, and the crumbs on the floor. A tornado could by swishing around me and I might not notice.

I've been wrapped up on an article on sexual abuse for Your LDS Neighborhood. It's sort of a long story, but I promised them an article by a certain date and had to put them off a little because of my drowned computer. Now I'm really determined to make that article sparkle and get it in their hands before they need it.

The article is called In The Quiet Heart is Hidden Sorrow that the Eye Can't See. I know, it's a long title. It's scheduled to run on June 8, so go sign up for Your LDS Neighborhood if you aren't already. It's easy and it's free. No worries if you're not LDS. The articles are not usually religious. You can sign up here.

Just to whet your appetite here is the beginning of the article.

Orange jello. The girls were excited. My friend had made it for her mutual class. As she peeled back the foil, their delight turned quickly to dismay. Something was wrong.

“What’s that in the corner?” asked one of the girls. “It looks like dog poop.”
“It is dog poop,” said the teacher, “but don’t worry. It’s just in this one corner. We can cut around it. Who wants a piece?”


If you want to hear the rest of the story, go to Your LDS Neighborhood on June 8.

Linda Garner

No comments: