Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Don't Baptize your Laptop

I’m running behind today. Lots of catching up to do. My cute little granddaughter baptized my laptop last week. It was fatal. Good thing she is adorable, and also innocent. I’m trying to make friends with my new laptop while catching up from being on the go last month.

April was amazing but crazy. Suzuki piano convention, BYU Women’s Conference, the Writer’s Extravaganza in Ephraim, followed by LDS Storymakers Conference the first week of May. Phew. I’m a little worn up and a lot behind.

Made lots of new friends at all of the above. I also had an article published in Meridian Magazine which I’d love for you to read. Meridian is an online magazine primarily for an LDS audience. They have lots of non-LDS readers as well, so don’t be put off by that. Here is the link to my article, called How Could This Happen to Us. Click here.

The Whitney Awards were announced following the Storymakers Convention. This was my first year to vote and I am very excited about the winners. If you are looking for a good read. Here are some fabulous choices.

Best Romance Novel: Cross my Heart by Julie Wright
Best Mystery/Suspense Novel: Cold as Ice by Stephanie Black
Best Historical Novel: Trespass by Sandra Grey
Best General Novel: Band of Sisters by Annette Lyon
Best Speculative Novel: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Best Speculative Youth Fiction Novel: Matched by Ally Condie
Best General Youth Fiction Novel: The Healing Spell by Kimberely Griffiths Little
Best Novel by New Author: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Best Novel of the Year: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
AND Mr. Monster by Dan Wells

About baptizing your laptop. It’s a lot less painful if you have a reliable backup. About a month ago, I starting backing up with Carbonite. Best $60.00 I ever spent.

Linda Garner

1 comment:

Christy Monson said...

Sorry about your lap top. Oh, well, you get a new one now with the latest updates:}