Monday, March 5, 2012

Plotting a New Short Story
I think plotting is fun. That’s when my creative juices really kick in. New plot—new scenes! What fun.
I wish I could get rid of that nagging negative self-image in the back of my head. It’s always there, telling me that it’s not good enough or that no one will like it. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? I’d love to know your secret.
I love to watch Lark Rise to Candleford (BBC series) because the writer keeps each segment character driven and lets the plot come from the character’s actions. He sets the premise and then allows each character to play his or her part. I’m struggling to do that. Sometimes I get action-oriented and forget to give the characters thoughts and feelings. I’m getting better, but am still not wonderful at it.
There is my negative attitude again. Will I ever learn?
I’ll let you know how this piece comes out. It may be in a book of short stories published in the fall.
Take care. Please let me know how to get rid of self-doubt. Happy writing.
Christy

No comments: