Thursday, March 1, 2012

Slacker

I'm a little bit of a slacker this week.

I'm working on the query: TRANSLATE...I'm pulling out my hair and eating too much chocolate (so I'm slacking on my blogging).

I knew queries were hard, but getting my whole book into one paragraph is more tricky than I thought.

I'm also agent shopping (wish it were that easy). I have two that I have in mind (that I really, really, really want). So I'm on query tracker doing my research.  I figure it will take me over a month to get a good list.

I've always believed that you need to be able to work well with an agent. And you want one who loves your work.

So those of you who have agents, what do you love best about your agent? Did you do your homework to get that agent? Those of you who don't have agents, what are your plans to get an agent. And those of you published without an agent, how do you feel about that? Is there more freedom?

I'd love your opinions. ;)

Okay, I have to throw some dishes in the dishwasher and do some more hair pulling.  Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Christy Monson said...

I love your questions. I ask myself the same ones. I'm going to send out some queries this week. Someday somehow I'm going to find an agent (I hope).