Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gifts of Autumn

There is something about autumn, isn’t there? Something earthy, mysterious, thought provoking, brave. Today I look out my window at a smoky autumn sky, watching the last courageous leaves flutter in the wind. Change is in the air.

I love change.

I enjoy retreating inward with my thoughts. I dust off my dreams, caress my emotions, and chat with wandering ideas. I get in touch with the girl I used to be and the vision of my future. It’s feels wonderful to curl up inside my head with a comfy blanket of acceptance and breathe the air of change. Oh, summer was wonderful, and spring delightful, but autumn is a time for reflection.

I love questions. They are so empowering.

Where have I come from? Where I am I going? What do I treasure most? Am I honoring my destiny, my hopes, my dreams? Am I honoring my past and my future? Do I know myself? Am I true to my vision?

Am I caught up in the thick of thin things? Am I creating joy? Am I making a difference?

Autumn has many answers, and I go inside to find them. In that sacred space where only I am allowed, I find myself, stripped of worldly nonsense. On this journey I discover many gifts. Joy, love, peace, warmth, trust, desire, and hope, along with child-like delight and wonder.

Such are the gifts of autumn.

May autumn bring you many gifts. May your heart and home be filled with love…to overflowing.

I send you autumn’s warmth, with love.

Linda Garner

7 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year. I just hope the snow stays away for a few more weeks. =)

Unknown said...

I'm with Carolyn. I love when I can leave the house in a sweatshirt but when we break into jacket territory... game over.

Hermana Maw said...

I'm with all of you! Autumn is the best. I love the smack in the air, the colors, the fullness of it all.

Anonymous said...

I love how positivity squeals from this post. I anticipate the answers to your questions will be positively delightful.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss linda! wow this was a really nice post. its got so much feel good words in it. i like that you asked real good questions for you. their good for all of us to think about. im wishing for you a really happy autumn.
...smiles from lenny

MTeacress said...

What a lovely description of autumn - and very thought provoking. Well said, Linda. Have a great week!

Jolene Perry said...

I love autumn too, unfortunately it's over. We've had snow on the ground for two weeks and I woke up to ten degrees - fahrenheit.