Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Unlock the Fullness

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion into clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. -- Melody Beattie

How I love these inspired words, for gratitude is indeed a powerful but gentle friend.

Sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas is one brief moment for giving thanks. Perhaps we have it wrong. Perhaps instead of giving thanks one day, we should have Thanksgiving week, Thanksgiving Month, or Thanksgiving Year.

In a true celebration of life, gratitude might be our truest friend. Today I celebrate my life, my environment, my companions, my opportunities, and my gifts with gratitude. I invite you to join me. Let's celebrate.

Unlock the Fullness.

Linda Garner

No comments: