Thursday, December 2, 2010

You Mean Three Hours of Sleep is Bad for You?

Woo hoo! I'm back! It's so nice to have a little holiday break!

Since I'm back online, I decided it would be a great idea to get organized. 'Cause I like organizing and stuff. I found this awesome calendar feature on my lappy. It has places to schedule things and what priority they are (high, medium, low priorities).

So I went through and organized all my times and activities. It was amazing and beautiful all at the same time. *wiping happy tear from eye*

But when I was done...(scary music here)...I realized not only was my day filled with activities, but every hour on my schedule was filled. (Except for the three hours I left for sleep - yeah, three hours. Sleep is so overrated. (Okay, I really need eight hours or I'm really grumpy. My kids know to stay away from me on those days.)

So I decided to look at what level priority they were. Most of them were high priority (school, laundry, bubble bath - you know that's high priority!)

And I found out I was spending two hours blogging each day. TWO HOURS! I can make three batches of cookies in two hours. Maybe four.

So I'm taking a second look at blogger and how I can improve my time here (because bloggy friends rock).

But I want your advice.

How much time do you spend blogging a day?

How do you keep up with all the awesome followers you have?

Thanks you guys! I'm going off to curl up on the couch now and sleep. (stupid needing-eight-hours of sleep. i have so much to do! i bet sparkly vampires never had a problem like this. lucky stinkin' vampires who don't need any sleep. *zzzzzzzzz*)

6 comments:

Bast said...

Blogging is tricky. I definitely think I spend too much time blogging, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

I usually write my post sometime during the day when I have a break at work. Once I get home around 11, I'll have dinner and then start blogging. I'll take breaks to watch some TV and do necessary cleaning, but I don't finish everything until 3 usually. I just have to many blogs to visit and comment on. I've had to stop visiting a lot of blogs because I simply don't have enough time.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carolyn! im real happy your back. for me i just do only one post a week. i love going at blogs cause my blogger friends got so much neat stuff to say. but for sure i couldnt go at all my followers every day. i try to go at as much as i could before school and after school. i got some i go at every day. i try real hard to go at some that i dont get to so much. i love blogging but i love doing lots of other stuff to so you gotta just do what you could do.
...hugs from lenny

Hermana Maw said...

Great question. The answer is I spend way too much time. I have to stagger my reading and writing time so it averages about an hour a day. Or more depending on how deep I fall into blog land. He he.

Denise said...

cute post!!.... though I have nothing to add... I'm a brat, whose kids have moved on with their own lives now and I do whatever I want... I don't know how old your kids are, buy boy does that free up ALOT of time.... especially if they land up in different states... like mine have.

Cinette said...

My blogging time is erratic; a few minutes here, three hours there. I posted once last week, four times this week. I guess it's all about what you can manage. No one will shoot you down if you aren't following a pattern. We all have busy lives, and lets not forget that writing we need to work on;-)

MTeacress said...

I wish I had a magic answer, but the time I spend blogging varies. I don't feel comfortable if it starts taking more than a few hours a week. That's when I know it's time for an adjustment. I just make sure I stop by my faves every once in a while.

Good luck!