Thursday, March 17, 2011

Feelings those Feelings of Feeling

PhotoBucket
First, My heart goes out to those in Japan (my brother had the privilege of  living there for a few years).Please check out your local humanitarian resources if you want to donate to help the people there. And make sure it's reputable. 

I've learned that being a writer, means you experience a vast field of feelings:

Depression (Why am I not getting anywhere?)

Jealousy (Seriously? Why am I not there?)

Happiness (...that your work has been noticed)

Love/Hate (for that perfect ms...which takes WAY too long to write)

Elation (YES! So and so got an agent! I know she's been trying so hard!) or (Yes! I found an agent!)

I have never experienced such a range of crazy emotions. Why didn't anyone warn me?

What are some of the crazy emotions you've dealt with?

3 comments:

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carolyn! for me mostly i get scared. i get scared im not gonna finish my wip. i get scared no ones gonna like what i write and theyre gonna laugh at it and think im dumb for even trying to be a writer. i get scared people are gonna say they like what i write even if they dont cause they dont wanna hurt my feelings. but in between all that scared stuff im just real happy. :)
...hugs from lenny

Linda Garner said...

Thanks Carolyn. I always wondered what all those symbols meant. LG

Christy Monson said...

Thanks for the feelings. I LOVE it. I am mostly writing this comment because it is my reward for scrubbing my kitchen floor. I told myself I couldn't get back on the computer until I scrubbed my dirty floor. Does anyone else have trouble with housekeeping tasks. I really don't like to do them, so I don't until I absolutely HAVE to. A compulsive writer. Christy