Thursday, March 24, 2011

Writing, Life, and Spilling Stuffs

Okay, first you should know that I'm writing this blog post this morning...in my sweats and running shoes...without my makeup on (sorry about that). But I've had something on my mind for a few weeks.

You see, when I started blogging, I went to blogs that talked about writing (because writing is awesome--Oh, and you should know that I'm a little behind this week...again, sorry).

As I learned more about the craft, I started going to bloggers who talked about life. (Because even though writing is awesome...I wanted to interact with people who were people...does that make sense? I did tell you it was really early right?)

Now I read both (because they both rock).

Since I'm almost through school and seeing my writing improve, I want to improve my own blog. (You know add stuffs to the side, maybe add some writing ideas, spend more time checking out other blogger's blog - after that final...I guess I should get that done first). I really want to start to give back.

So I guess what I'm asking is...what do you like in a blog?  What do you read? How do you give back?  (You'd think I would know this by now.) 

So...spill it! What do you do? What do you like?

Okay. I'm off to run...or go back to sleep.  (The running shoes and sweats have me all confused.) Maybe I'll just blog instead. Have a great week guys!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hope you have a great run! And good luck on the final. I think I most like to read blogs that are honest, that really let me get to know the person. I also love to read interviews and writing tips and that kind of stuff too.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I like honesty in a blog. I like posts that don't seem to copy a billion others. So uniqueness is nice. I agree with Angie that it's really nice to get to know the person. As for giving back, I do giveaways and critiques and tips and talk honestly about what I have learned so far in my journey.

Linda Garner said...

I think variety is nice. LG

Unknown said...

Good luck with your finals. I agree with everyone above - I like a bit about writing, a bit about life, a bit about you. The blogs I visit the most often are those that make me feel I know the person intimately, as if they were a close friend.